Monday, January 08, 2007

the question.

To drop or not to drop? That is the question.
I've been thinking about this for quite some time, whether or not to drop to combined science. A few reasons:
1. My pure sciences suck. Big time. I wouldn't say it that I'm the worst of the lot, but still. I mean, what's the use of continuing a subject(s) that I don't like and don't do well in? And combined science is assumedly much easier.
2. Based on reason No.1, I would probably do much better for the 'O's. According to Mr Chee, it's possible to get a A1 for combined. So, wouldn't it be safer taking combined, since I know that I will probably get a good grade for combined, compared to (most probably) having two bad grades? As in, if I take combined, I can prolly get a few A1s and A2s, but if I take two pure, then I will probably get lesser 1s &2s and get a few 3s and 4s. Right?
3. Since (I think) I intend to go poly, and take some course that hardly needs science, then why not? And even if I go JC, I don't intend to go into the science stream. No, no more science for me after secondary school. I don't intend to go in the direction of science. Therefore.

To poly or not to poly? That is the question.
Now the hard part, which involves the above mentioned question. Because, if I really confirm I want to go poly, then it's easier for me to make the abovementioned decision. A few reasons why I feel like going poly:
1. PHOTOGRAPHY! Or design, I don't mind either. If I go poly, I want to take Visual Communications. It has photography. Yeah. And well, I guess I've sort of decided that I want to be something that involves art/photography/design, eg. photographer, photojournalist, etc. Actually I want to be a photojournalist/photographer. Therefore, if I go to poly, I can take that course which leads me to my ambition. I guess. Heh.
2. Alot of people say that if you've decided what you want to be, then go poly, cos that's where people who has a direction to go goes to. They say that only if you don't know what to be then go JC. Well, as you can tell from reason #1, I sort of have a direction to go. Then all these people tell me that since you know where to go, then go poly. I DUNNO!
3. Poly is more of projects than of studying. And, boy, I hate studying. And after listening to how cham JC is, I begin to think. Well.

Why not to take combined science/ Why not to go poly:
1. The two questions are obviously linked. If I plan to go JC, then I obviously should not drop. They say you die when you go JC, if you take combined that is.
2. As always, the expectations. The expectations, oh, the expectations. This is linked with pressure. Oh, the pressure!
3. University is a big problem here. If you go JC, it's much easier to get into U, compared to poly. But I dunno if I want to go U in the first place!!!! Bah.


So, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
A little help here, please.
And well;
1. Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5,6)
2. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:34)

No comments: