Thursday, September 08, 2011

terra/cotta

I was finally able to go to ACM and catch the Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor and His Legacy exhibition yesterday. One of my great loves (haha, the exaggerated term for "interests") is archaeology, and we all know that the Terracotta Army is like one of the biggest archaelogical findings, especially that of Chinese history; so I was as excited for this as I was when the Mummies and Pompeii came to NMS.
Anyway. Pardon the super-LQ photos below, but I couldn't help but share:
One of the things that caught my eye there was this... stone thingy. Can't remember what it was meant for, but look at the design. It's supposed to be a geometrical stylization of two dragons (facing each other mirror-imaged). Like how cool is the design man.
Ah I want to work in a museum or something. Something that can let me design/take photos/travel/get exposed to such history. Anyone know of such a job? (Or career path or uni course?)
:/

No comments: