Tuesday, August 10, 2010

tao's.

Yesterday, I went with my parents and grandparents to Tao's Restaurant at Pomo to celebrate my grandma's birthday. It serves fusion food (kinda, I think) that's reaaaally good and interesting. Like flavours that you hardly hear of (which is something I love hahaha) and the food is displayed SUPER nicely. For their lunch set, they serve 6 courses. For each course, there's a few options from which you choose.

Starters is Bacon & Mushroom Gratin (There's only one choice for the starters though.)
Then comes salad. Below: Fruit salad, Huai San (super coolly served on ice, no pun intended), Prawn Roll with Pork Floss
Beverages are all mainly a selection of fruit/flower teas, which I must say is SUPER DELICIOUS.
Soups include both western-ish creams and the clear type. We all tried those of the clear variety, but the taste is like... nong de la. Below, clockwise from left: Shark-fin Melon Herbal Soup, Yuzu Miso (super nice) and Japanese Fish Consome
I didn't take much photos of the Mains, because the food display isn't as nice & interesting hahaha. Anyway, they all come with the sides which are really interesting, there's like a dried yam slice with mashed sweet potato and poached cherry tomato.
And last but not least, DESSERT. I think the desserts were quite disappointing compared to the rest of the menu. Especially the Green Tea Mousse (not pictured) which tasted reaaaally sour and weird. Anyway, below: Green Tea Ice-cream, Poached Pear, Ice-cream with Brownie, and my grandma with the brownie-cake that the restaurant kindly prepared for us.
And seriously, blogger is screwing up my pictures again zz. And I feel like a food blog, doing this post, hahaha.

No comments: