HELLO FROM DARWIN!
It is 1.07am here. One and a half hours earlier than Singapore. And I am online because I have to send something to Jasmine, and I just accidentally canceled it so I have to resend, zzz.
Okay anyway you're probably wondering how my trip has been. So far so good, no symptoms of swine flu, haha. Darwin is really quiet and peaceful, which I like. The weather is like Singapore, its winter but its HOT. Like 30+ degrees in the afternoon. But, its dry and not humid at all, so it's quite nice actually. At night it's cooling (but not cold) though.
One bad point is that it's bloody expensive. Especially the food. REALLY. People around here like Asian food, btw. Saw lots and lots of Laksa at the markets. Chinese fried rice is AU$3 (for like, 1cm of a microwave container) plus the chinese-sesame-oil-chicken wings is AU$5. Roti prata is AU$3.50. Ice Kachang is AU$3.50 (and I suspect don't have liao one.) Their own western type of food is like that range also, near or above AU$5. Ooh, and I saw Yeo's canned Lychee Drink at their supermarket going for AU$3.50, funny siaaa.
Btw, SGD$1 = AU$1.34
Okay, that's all I have to say, may not have internet after today though, going off to some other place. Yep.
No comments:
Post a Comment