Friday, April 04, 2008

pretty. odd. and 1997.

Man in front of me: Do you have the (insert movie title here) soundtrack?
Cashier-guy: No, sorry, it's out of stock.
Man in front of me leaves.
Me: Er do you have Panic At The Disco's newest album?
Cashier-guy: Is that a soundtrack too?
Me: (stuns for a second) Er no, it's a band. -.-
Cashier-guy: Okay I'll check for you, how do you spell it?
Me: Panic... At... No, at...
Cashier-guy: Oh wait. (turns around of rummages around behind the counter) Is it this?
Me: Yes.

...And there goes the story of how I bought Pretty. Odd.
It's very nice! Although they changed their style, as I've mentioned before. But still nice!

-
Anyway, there is a new addition to my wishlist! Which is quite bad really. Heh.
Introducing... 1997! It's a indie (I think) band, and I found out about them while googling THS. There was a review for 1997's album A Better View Of The Rising Moon, whereby the reviewer reviewed that 1997 sounds like THS, but better. SO naturally, I was curious, and found that although they sound like THS, they are not better. In my point of view. But still good. They're different, really. If you go for rock and Green Day, 1997 would suit you better, while THS is generally not as rock-y. Well, see for yourself:

No comments: